Shinmai Media Garden was opened in April of 2018 and serves as a shopping center and the main office of the local Shinmai Newspaper. There are a total of 11 shops, restaurants, and cafes from the first floor to the third floor. The Media Garden boasts a nice terrace that lets you look over downtown Matsumoto from above. For architecture fans, the building was designed by the world-renowned Japanese architect Toyo Ito. You will also find a tourist information center on the first floor.
- Markt and Markt+ – Household goods, specialty stationary, etc.
- Pomge – Apple ciders, wine, fruit jams, sweets, souvenirs
- A&F Country – Outdoor, camping, travel, and lifestyle goods
- The North Face – Outdoor & sports wear
Food & Drink:
- Matsumoto Brewery Tap Room
- Maruyama Coffee
- Restro Rin – Roastery and grill
- Matsumoto Terrace – Japanese restaurant